A Blogger's Diary

3:36 AM

It was in the month of March 2011, i was scrolling through my BBM, so bored i began looking for someone to chat with. I came upon my Brother’s DP. I noticed he had the picture of a guy up and the face wasn’t bad looking. So I decided to chat up my brother “Wilson, what’s up, who is this guy on your dp”? He is my friend Ben, he stays in UK, he replied. I then told my brother that he was  good looking. I  think my brother later told his friend what i said and he asked for my bb pin,because the next thing i knew i saw a bb request.

He did not say anything after i added him up ( i know some of us know how that feels) So i started a conversation. "Hi, who are you? i pretended like i did not know him ( i would not fall my hand) Hi dear' ,my name is Ben Wilson's friend, he responded. That was how our conversation started. So we continued chatting for a very long time that day. Funny how i felt so comfortable chatting with him.
After that day, we continued chatting with each other. What  started as an on and off chat , grew into an everyday chat.

As time went by, he asked for my number and it moved to phone calls. He was working at two different places then, in the morning by 10am- 2pm den at evening from 5pm-12am.
The only time we don't talk is when he was at work. I remember waiting up most time till 12 am at midnight when he gets off work only so we could talk. We will be on the phone  talking and laughing until he gets home by 1am or there about before i finally go to sleep.

I won’t say i was in love with him, that will be a lie but i really did like him and for me that was a bond.
After about 4months or so he stopped calling me like he use to and i asked what was wrong? he told me his Mum was coming around and he was just trying to put things in order. This continued for 2weeks. His mum had come and gone, then he was back to normal

We resumed our regular talk and gist. With him we could talk just about anything. He planned to return during the Christmas break so we could meet and he could also spend Christmas with his family.Then along the line he lost his Dad.  It was a painful exist for him because he has not seen his dad in awhile, more painful because he was far from home. The whole planned changed and he had to return home earlier before December.

I was with him all through not physically but morally and all. I constantly called to check up on him and do everything necessary i could do.
My brother found out i was getting close to him, so he called to warn me “Mama (the name they call me at home) don't waste your time with Ben, i heard he is on you now”. He is from Anambra State , these people only marry themselves. Don't want you hurt. Ben has a girlfriend, forget what he is saying, he has a babe in the UK".

I later asked Ben if what my brother said about him was true. He told me it wasn’t and that his elder brother married from Imo state so, how can that be true. I agreed.
It was a week to his return for his dad's burial , i was excited, so excited i had got him a gift.
Everything he bought before his returned, we both shopped together. In the sense that, everything he bought i picked it. He sent me pictures and if i approve he buys. We were so close and i was just so happy he was finally coming.

On the day of his departure, he called me to tell me the time of his flight. I called him some hours later and he said, he was on his way to the airport that he will call me when he checks in.
I waited for his call and i didn't get. No call or Text. His flight time was passed so  i tried calling and i was told the number was switched off.
I was shocked! how would he board without calling me .I patiently waited, in my mind i was already making excuses for him.. may be he got in late and he quickly had to check in and all
I tried his number 8hours later, knowing it takes just 6hours to get to Nigeria, but the call wasn’t connecting. OH!! maybe he did not put his number on roaming, I thought.

 So i waited all through that day but did not get a call. I tried the next day and it was same.. I started having double thought. It’s 2days and still no call or text.
On the 3rd day, my phone rang........ "Hello Beauty! came the voice from the other end. I was happy to hear his voice. I asked him how he was and also what went wrong? He said he had to buy a Nigerian line, register it and it took 24hrs before it could come up.
I asked why he did not use his Sister's or brother's phone to call me, knowing i would be worried. He told me he had lots of guest at home and every one was in to see him so he was occupied.

Before he left UK, the plan we had  was for him to come see me a week after he arrives. We spoke often on the phone this time not as regular as it was in the Uk. I just attributed it to his dad's burial , that preparation has made him so busy .
To cut the long story short. I actually waited in vain. he kept giving me excuse on why he couldn't come, everyday a new excuse. I felt bad. It was a week left before he was scheduled to return back. He promised to come see me that weekend, i waited patiently and he didn't show. I called he did not pick i got upset and did not call again that's when I realised that something was wrong.

Why is he acting this way? What is happening? So many question on my mind. The day for his departure came and left and still no call or text. I was so sad and upset, words cant describe how disappointed i felt. I did not understand what went wrong.
A week later, a call came in and it was him! He was calling with his UK number. Waoo! so he came and left without seeing me? I sluggishly picked up my phone and there he was begging that he was sorry. I cried, i felt hurt , i felt not good enough. I asked him what went wrong? He came out with him not wanting to hurt me, i asked how? he said he knew he would hurt me in the future so that's why he did not want to see me.i felt so bad. I don't understand how you knew all this but waited until now....

He said he can't explain but if he meets me, I will be hurt in the future.
What kind of hurt is more than this i feel now? I ended the call.
I took what i bought for him and gave it out . I told my self never again......
Some months later... he called and was acting like he wanted us back.
I knew he loved his Mom, so I said to him. I will not take you serious until your Mom calls me and he couldn't  do that.

I notice a month later that my brother put up his picture and in that picture he was with a lady, more like a court setting.
He just got married!! I could see his picture and that of his wife.
I asked my brother he told me that's his wife and they just got married. A month later? That quick?
Then my brother's words played in my thoughts....I then remembered his words "If I meet you, i will hurt you in future" then and there those words made sense.
He is married now, but life goes on.....

As usual some one might wonder why I wrote this or write about my true life stories. Its simple!
Life is a Teacher and we all are learners

Until i write again

LIVE! LOVE! LAUGH!

Pls  pardon  any  typo  error
(Real  names  withheld)

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. So sorry Abt dat Mama,its all for d beta. As u knw life is nt a bed of roses. I knw u will meet dat one man for u and it's Ben's loss nt Urs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This write up Is so good and you are a better person for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh sure dear

    check out my new post http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2014/01/red-and-white-photo-shoot-for-line.html
    please hit the recommendation button ... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! i am so happy you actually decide to share and you pulled through it. so much lessons to be learnt. cheer up girl, i could make a movie from this story. hahahahaha! just kidding.
    www.ethniques.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so sorry, Buiti - Omg, some men are ...... (still looking for the right word). Thanks for sharing this, and I must say you are an amazing writer

    ReplyDelete
  6. This story is just WOW ! You can never really trust some men, always want to hurt you (no matter how good they may seem).

    Would love if you could follow my blog if you like ? xx
    www.supaxkawaii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Ben has a girlfriend, forget what he is saying, he has a babe in the UK"
    Why did you not believe your brother when he said this? Afterall, there was no reason for him to mislead you since he's your brother and moreso its not as if he's trying to get you to date some other person(s). I noticed that when we are in love, we only choose to believe what we want to believe whether its the truth or not. Anyway, that's why we are humans. That was a good experience. But the truth is that 50% of the people who have read this would still have the same experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well mama, in all i think u should hv fast noticed ahead of time...cos no man can stop calling & chatting cos of his mother's visit. The only reason a man wl stop calling is when his mother knows abt the man's fiance and therefore, wll nt want d mother to find out he is calling some other girl. Again, i think it he is somehow fair to have stayed away from seeing you cos some other guys would even slept with you before find out he is married.
    In all,this is a fantastic write-up. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. after reading the post i actually said in my mind not to comment because the writer might find it offensive what i would say. but chidi my thoughts are so in line with yours.

      Delete
  9. Life is a Teacher like you said. It all happened for your good dear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry mama, that's what happens when you like someone or get too attached that you make excuses for them, its nice that you didn't meet him because the pain would've been deeper than this. Well, we all get to learn something from this. T'was nice sharing.
    http://yuddyella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww! Thank you for sharing this...
    www.adezeezee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so enrossed in that story, I didn't want it to end.....so sorry abt what happened

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images