LET'S GO WAY BACK TO THE 90'S

6:36 AM

Hey Guys!
Listening  to Aaliyah's 'back and forth' on my laptop am thinking how stylish this chick use to be.
Who remember rocking those 1990 trends? I do lolol.. Its crazy how these trends made lots of statement then. Looking at these pics now am screaming, did i wear that? hahhahahah 
Below are crazy trends that rocked the 90's. I think the 90's had the craziest trends.
People just wanted to experiment and wear anything fashion.
I was one of those sha.
I think the craziest trend for me then were....
1. Bandanas
This was for me the craziest trend. Britney Spears, Aguilera, Aaliyah, Jlo the list is endless were all rocking this trend.

2. Chokers
I wonder what we saw in this sha, but back then it was the craziest fashion accessory to have.


3.Baggy Pants
Jazzy, LL cool J, Sisco etc wear the king of baggy. My brother had over 10 pairs. Who remembers the ones written SEAN JOHN behind? Guys would die for that.


4.Triangle Skirt 
This was one of my favorite, i think then we called it fish skirt sha.  It was so pretty and very feminine.

5. Waistcoat
This style was rocked mostly by guys. Especially the bigger boy then lolol... it was so cool when worn on T .shirt and we locally called it monkey jacket

6. Back Cap
Omo if you didn't face your cap back, you did not do shakara lolol. FRESH PRINCE OF BELL AIR was a program aired in the 90's their style was off the hook.

7. Crop Top
This is one trend that is back and i think its better looking now. TLC, Destiny Child, Aaliyah etc were the queen of crop tops. Shey na jumper we dey call am ba?

8. Knapsack Bag
Every teenage girl or boy had this, if you did not have this then, you were not a big boy or girl lolol
We wouldn;t want to go to school with big school bags, this was so in style for us then.

9. Overalls
It was so cute to rock with a crop top and a platform flip-flops. Common! this was IT then.

10. Velvet
Akpoche like we Nigerians called it, was in every girls wardrobe, I remember always going to church on Sunday and almost all the Sisters in church was rocking it, we even had a song for it lol 
If you no get Akpoche you no be chick joor

11. Shoulder Pads
MC Hammer nailed the look, in short he was the king of this look hehehehe

12. Shirt Tied Around The Waist
I so rocked this look, mostly with my sweater to school. In short let me tell you why we rocked it. We tied the waist so tight so those boys will see the shape of our bums lolol Oya tell me you are not as guilty as me?
There you have it !
My favorite looks of the 90's
Which of these looks did you rock and which of them is your Favorite?
I so want to know.


xoxo

Buiti



instragram@buitii
twitter@buiti

You Might Also Like

35 comments

  1. lol.......i remember but i still love the Velvet and shirt tied around the waist:)
    The Beautiful Eagle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did all except the crop top and backwards facing baseball cap!

    Hair update 15 months natural

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rocked overalls, hehehehe but the shirt tied around waist, i remember the girls in my primary school used to do it.

    http://www.icelawblog.com/2014/08/rainy-day-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me smile from the beginning to the end and brought back nice memories #hehehe.

    entyna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool post nice to takes us back enjoy your weekend.
    http://tifi11.blogsoot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool post but majority of these are actually back in style haha 90s is trendy. I still love chokers and velvet clothing.

    xx

    Withlovebanke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's why following trend is useless, because its the same style back then that's trendy now. Now ppl can't have enough of crop tops. lol! Great post!

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely this post...memories! Fashion is recycled!

    xoxo
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg lol i love this post you brought me way back. seems like everything is back in fashion now ironically enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol! Rocked d baggy jeans a lil but d knapsack and shirt tied on d waist were d trending tins den oooo. Chei! Good times. laffing off my ribs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kai I loved those bags... Well I still rock the bandanas and I'm thinking of getting a choker
    They are super edgy
    http://divadiari.blogspot.de/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  12. some of these styles are bad and think we thought we were looking good! lol
    but fashion is always repeating itself!

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. They were called " Dungarees" not "overalls"..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Velvet 'apoche' song goes like this "apoche naa him dey reign make u go buy ur own" lolzzz Ok.. 👗😊

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg i did follow all those trend
    back then... but now i find them so funny lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lmao! Memories! I rocked just the bandana tho. You forgot overeized/beggy shirts. Great post!

    misspurpleheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had 12 bandanas in diff colors! Lol
    I love how fashion keeps coming back.
    My fave's the crop top. Plssss don't go away!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The velvet has to be my favourite o, I rocked that like cray. I had one emerald green velvet gown den I use to feel myseelf whenever I wear.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I did only d bandana, just observed, wasn't old enough to rock then. I wish cropped tops and shirt tied around the waist will stay forever.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking back now it's funny haha! Knapsacks and bandanas... I rocked them like kilode lol...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mehn....I rocked alot of these mehn.....and its so funny how some of these trends are back now tho

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved the 90's I mean I was just a baby but still ... fashion is a circle something are just coming back.

    http://laetuesway.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  23. Guilty of everything except the waist coat and fish skirt!!! Shoulder pads I hated. I would always pull them off each time my mum felt the need to get me an outfit with pads so high my head was lost!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great recap on 90's style, I was obsessed with chokers at one point in time!!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think Velvet is back as Aso ebi, the crop top stuff is definitely back, the overalls or dungarees was back last year. I still tie shirts or sweaters around my waist because i don't want to lose them when i don't need to wear them. I hated and still hate shoulder pads. I think i have a high shoulder already.

    http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hiya!!! I nominated you for the gratitude challenge..pls check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. the 90s were great and i still do/own all the trends. :)
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I actually would have loved living in the 90s and most people say they would have loved to as well. Maybe that's why we go back to their fashion.
    I actually mostly love the shirt tied around the waist and the overalls!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I rocked the bandana wella hahaha. So many of them in short!

    ReplyDelete
  31. interesting piece buiti..cant say i indulged in any of them though..hahah

    ReplyDelete
  32. i loovvveeee the 90s. and its amazing to me because now almost all the trends you posted have reappeared in fashion right now in the last three years. Crop tops are on everyone list. Knuckle bags are essentials to have. Overalls are the must own, not for me but I've seen so many people wearing them. Its crazy. back in the day people would make fun but now they want it lol.

    - jseivad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so cool. Its like everything is been rocked now. Hmnnn. I had plenty of those bandanas mehn..in different colours.

    www.mylifeasmoby.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images