TREND ALERT!! STRAW CURLS.....

6:38 AM

TGIF!!! yipeeeeee.....
Who is excited? I am!
I have decided to go natural on my hair and that is because my front hair line decided to walk away..
So am gradually trying to see if i can grow them back. It has not been easy tho.
To help me achieve this, i surf the net to find different ways to grow my front hair and i follow so many hair blogs also so i can get different tips
Alot of us are familiar with the hair called straw curls while some like me recently tried it on our hair lol...
Straw curls is the new hair trend and i know a lot of people will want to know how to get this look . 



Things Needed
* Bobby pin
* Styling mousse
*Gel serum or gel spray
*And coconut oil or Ori

How To Get This Look
Wash and dry hair. Apply you hair mousse, coconut oil and gel serum.
  1. Cut the drinking straws to a size approximate to the length of your hair. The straw should be two inches longer than the hair.
  2. Separate the hair into four sections. The smaller the hair section, the tighter the curls. 
  3. Wrap sections of hair lengthwise around the straw, starting at the bottom and rolling upward towards the scalp , ensure to secure the ends with a bobby pin.


After you have done the whole hair, wear a hair cap on it for the night. Some may like to use a hand dryier to quickly dry the hair but, i will prefer you sleep with it. So always make sure you make yours a day before .
The next day, remove the straws gently. Use a big comb to comb the root of the hair for volume, then spread the hair with your hand
The Result


The good thing about straw curls is that it works on both virgin and non virgin hair, long and short hair as well as weaves
Long Hair....


 Short Hair...

 





It is easy, breeze and Afrocentric
Would you rock this look?
xoxo
Buiti




Picture credit :Google and my beautiful friends

You Might Also Like

30 comments

  1. Wowza. Happy girls/ ladies rock

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely rock this look..thanks for sharing.

    Purplechocolate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike! Loll! I just did a post on my top 10 hairstyles.
    This didn't make my list tho, but now I'm thinking it should have cos it is gorgeous!
    Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely will try this someday.....I love

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely cos i've tried dat b4 so many years back. I wouldn't mind doing dat again.tnx bui

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, but men my hair is very coarse asin, curls dont come out right. It just looks like a group of puff, but i will try it once i take this braids out.
    www.thatnigeriangirl.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you stopping by to check on my blog, btw the hair style is nice too

    Blog| Facebook| bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will it not damage my front hair more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it won't na. It will even make it grow more becos it not dragged or plaited

      Delete
  9. Beautiful hair, very creative.
    http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful - Tried doing this the other day, but, ended up braiding my hair

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful but I think I have the worstest (pardon my english) hair ever!!! Nothing lasts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love it !!! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Straw curls have been around for so long and i love the them. They add volume to the hair and it is so chic.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the hair style!
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. I once did the straw set but it didn't come out well. Maybe its because I missed out something but will definitely love to try it out agin,. It looks so gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll definitely try This!
    www.foreversmittenfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank u Buiti, will definitely try it on. U rock darlyn. Barr Demmielicious

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hv been thinking of of making ths hair o! u just increased my ginger.

    testamentsofastylmaniac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. very lovely hairstyle
    great post


    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks guys, am glad you all liked it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Am so so inspired....xoxo buiti

    ReplyDelete
  22. How do you retain the curls to make it last?

    ReplyDelete
  23. The straw curls usually last for 8 or 10 days and you can retain it with spray gel. Don't comb so the curls will stay longer too
    Hope this will help

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cool hair styles...Thanks for sharing dear

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images