DIY: NEWSPAPER NAILS

10:10 AM

Lets talk Nails...
When i first saw this, i thought it would be so hard to achieve because of its fancy look but really its so simple.
I came across it during my usual surfing on the net .
I tried it on my Sister's nails , but the letters didn't come out clear because we didn't  let the base colour dry enough ( i guess we were so eager)
Below is how to get your fancy nail using an old
newspaper.
Things needed

  • Nail Polish remove
  • Base Color - Any Light Colored Nail Polish
  • Newspaper cut up into 10 little squares big enough to fit on your nails
  • Methylated Spirit/ Alcohol (Vodka)


 Steps
  • Apply two coats of your base colour.  It can be a light pink, blue, nude, grey or even white color (Tip: Turn off your a/c or fan when you are painting your nails, this helps the polish apply better and prevents air bubbles from forming on the surface)
  • Let your nail polish dry completely aleast for an hour.


  • Pour your methylated spirit/ alcohol into a small bowl/dish. Dip one of your newspaper squares into it to wet it/ or dip one finger into the spirit or vodka.
  • Carefully place the newspaper square on your nail and hold it firmly in place for a few seconds. You will have to be really careful here as the newspaper tends to slip, thus smudging the ink on your nails, that’s no good
  • Press it down for a few seconds and then gently peel off the newspaper
  • Do the same for every nail
  • Finish off your nail art with your favorite topcoat 
  • as usual for shine and protection
  • Clean off any excess polish from around your cuticles with a q-tip dipped in nail polish remover
  • Rock your fancy nails :) 
I told you it easy lolol
Let me know what you think?
xoxo
Buiti


Instragramm@buitii
Twitter@buiti


Picture credit :"she loves the finest things of life"

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. Wow! Dats Nicee. Will try it soonest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really easy to acheive though I know I won't be able to get mine neatly done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice and neat.

    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative and simple, i will try it when i go back to school.
    www.thatnigeriangirl.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. very creative and easy, what a good way to start the week, am so doing this for work. thanks dear
    www.ethniques.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!! beautiful, lovely, and well explained. Gonna try it out on mine this weeekend.

    www.exclusivetins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's beautiful and I love how you explained it. Gonna try it out this weekend too.

    www.exclusivetins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is super cool, I love the idea!! Thanks for visiting me doll, have a lovely week xx

    The Dainty Dolls House

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool and easy to recreate. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so GENIUS, it looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing!! x

    www.jennifernoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never Knew this would be easy... I just tried mine and it worked lol thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your adventure--they look really trendy but I tried it out and it turned horrible on my mine
    ririzmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice tutorial, that looks really pretty :)

    http://myvintagephotography.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have cute nails. I love this

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried on my short nails but the letters didn't come out nice, I guess come my nails are short

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the versatility of your blog, there is always something new to learn. This is so easy never thot so too

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know I have fixed this letter nails on my nails before but I did not know you could achieve it on your natural nails

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have seen this on someone nails. So cute

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cool. Will want one 2 be done 4 me cos I doubt if I would be able 2 do it myslf

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is really kool & u so trendy.

    testamentsofastylmaniac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are a G! Nice.

    www.adezeezee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't do nail painting, but this is really cool and cute. Great post hun! :-)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's so smart, I should try it someday

    xo. TDVR
    www.tenindvr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would definitely try this out! Thanks B!

    Purplechocolate

    ReplyDelete
  25. tried it and did a post on my blog abt a year ago. yours look better. good job! i will try it again
    www.folasoasis.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's so cute I thought it would have been difficult to get

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images