HOW I GAINED ONLY 2 KG DURING PREGNANCY

4:08 AM

Happy weekend!!
Mehn... who said being a mom was easy?
 it's not ooo..
I can't remember the last time I slept for 3 straight hours *yawns* but I can't complain because some women pray to be in my shoe.
Yes now!
So it's 3 weeks plus since I had my baby girl and when I put up my post baby body on Instagram a week after delivery people did not belive it was me.
I had a lot of people on BBM whataspp etc asking me how I did it?
If you read my last post I told you how I only gained 2kg all through my pregnancy.
I explained how I weighed 60kg before I took in and 68 at delivery. After my baby birth I checked my weight and I was at 62kg. That means I gained just 2kg. 
I also gained back my body 2weeks after delivery.
Impossible right? 

So Base on request I am doing this post and this is just
 to share with you how I stayed fit during pregnancy .

Food
The key is to eat a lot of protein and less carbohydrate.
I ate more beans. Well if you know me, you will know beans is my favourite. I ate beans almost everyday. I ate moimoi too alot.
I drank a lot of cereals and oat.
Oat is actually good for the baby.
I ate lot of cabbage and carrot (coleslaw)
Banana was my favourite fruit( rumour has it that it makes the vagina taste sweet shhh...)
I avoided waking up at nite to eat. Trust me there were some nites I was hungry. I just took cold water instead. When you take cold water you fill filled.
I did not eat junk
I ate less fried stuff. Rather than fry egg, I ate boiled egg.
Eggs are very good in helping to stay in shape. So I ate eggs every morning.
Instead of fried plantain, I buy roasted plantain.
For carbohydrate food I ate in lil portion. I was eating more ofada rice than normal rice. Ofada has less carbohydrate.
Yam, noodles and garri was all in Lil portion.
If I had to eat yam. I make yam porriage with enough fish. So for every food, you see more protein and less carbs

I dint take chocolate, soda(coke and the rest) 
I avoided sugary foods in general.
I swap them for fruits like banana and plums.
When you pregnant you drink lots of water so drinking that was filling.
Take lots of water.

Exercise
The key is to take one step at a time.
I started by doing long walk
I then added some squat, leg raises etc.
Try and do aleast 20mins of exercise.
I do a lot of house chores, in short I am an organiser so I also use that as a form of exercise.
Always rest in between and take deep breaths
Don't get up immediately after any exercise. Sit for 2 _ 5mins so you don't feel light headed.



These were the few things I did that made me stay in shape during my pregnancy
I hope this has helped.
Please remember to enjoy your pregnancy and not look worn out because of it.
It's a thing of joy.
 It not easy for all women. So the key is to try. Baby step I will advice. 
Please feel free to ask me any question in the comment section and I reply.

Are you following me on IG? Go follow @buitii

Thanks for visiting
Buiti



You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. OMG!!! You still look amazing..My favourite blogger is now a mom.
    God bless your home dear:)
    #TEAMPETITE
    The Beautiful Eagle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats ! I would have said your so lucky to have gained only 2 pounds but then you were disciplined in your eating. Congrats on your baby once again.
    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips; you really do look good.
    **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  4. The latest yummy mummy on the block - thanks ever so much for the tips and God bless xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ayyee Congratulations!! You did amazing gaining only 2kg oo ahan..and your pregnancy styles still slayed!

    toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww, there is a little buiti, i cant wait for the mommy and me pictures. And wow, you have more discipline than me, but this year i have began to take my health and eating habit more seriously.

    Simply Uneeke

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an amazing job. Kicking cravings during pregnancy must be super hard. You are super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *coleslaw. Nice body. Congrats on your bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations on your latest addition to your family. Thank you for sharing great post
    http://fai-heart.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Buiti...I hope to be able to keep in shape after childbirth...but till then lemme be envying you..lol

    Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will sure need this tips. You are so lucky to have your body back. But the exercise thing, is it advisable for pregnant women, then doing house chores, I heard pregnant women should not go through stress.


    Www.bolatitoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excercise are important for a pregnant. Even when you go for antenatal, the midwives will tell you to always Excercise. Apart from kiping you fit,you won't have swollen feet.

      Delete
  12. If you only gained 2kg during pregnancy, what did your baby weigh at birth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please read through again or read my previous post for answers. You will understand more if you read from "pregnancy style" dear

      Delete
  13. Nice one, congrats. I pray I will be able to stay disciplined like you.

    My first time visiting your blog, lemme read thru your posts

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images