DEAR FUTURE HUSBAND

8:50 AM


Dear Future Husband,

I long for you like a fat boy longs for chocolate. Sometimes i roll in bed hoping to roll over and feel you warmth, then reality struck ! you not here with me. sad....... :(


    I want to be complete so I need you. You may not know how much I need you but I come home from work every evening with gist that I would love to share with someone special. I come home hoping to see you. Your space in my life is so empty it hurts because I know you are out there without me.


    Sometimes i imagined how you look. Are you tall or short (ok lets skip the short part) dark or fair in complexion? Are you Yoruba ,Igbo, Calabar or Hausa? I have so many different images in my head but one thing stands out, I know you will be PERFECT.

    My Mum can’t wait to meet you and believe me, sometime ago she wanted to hook me up with a certain Emeka from my State but that didn’t work. Since we are talking about mum, I’ve always prayed for a marriage where your mum and I would be best friends. I’ll do everything possible to make sure that i treat your mum like my Mother. This I promise you.

    I still don’t know why I’m writing you but I guess I was motivated by Melanie's song “4am” especially the part that says “You see the scar in my chest? am hurting”.

    I totally agree with her that am hurting. I‘ve waited for long and I need to start loving you on time. I’ve booked my tattoo date. I’m not scared of having your name round my wedding ring finger',because I promise never to leave you and it will be a constant reminder that i belong to you totally. No matter where we are, we must speak to each other every day and have lunch once every week no matter our kind of jobs.

    I’ve gone as far as selecting some of our special songs. On our Traditional wedding day, i will dance to Adanma" by Flavour. Our first dance together as husband and wife should be" Bami Mi Da" by Dr Victor Olaiya ft 2Face ,Followed by Wande Coal’s “Ololufe”.

    Is it okay if I tell you certain things about me? I hate lipton tea. I love Ice cream ; I can eat beans and plantain, 3 times a day for one month. i love shoes and lingeries. I bite my nails sometimes when am bored.

    I love to look good and i be glad if you enjoy same.

    Dear, I don’t know what you don’t like but I’m totally against tight pants and smoking .I can’t stand both.

   I’m Igbo and we try hard to take care of our husband.  I’ll work hard to make sure our home is the happiest.

    I’ll let you decide the number of kids we’ll have but I don’t think 4 kids will be bad and together we can make a happy family of six lol. It’s 4:45am 15th of Oct, 2013 and I know you are somewhere out there and it does not matter if you are in another woman's arms now, when I do meet you, I promise never to let you go.

    I promise to take care of you and make love to you 5 times every week lolol.

    If you are reading this, please give me a sign. Walk up to me on the street and kiss my fore head.

    I look forward to the day I’ll meet you and when I meet you it does not matter where we’ve been to or who we’ve been with, we will give each other clean slates to start life afresh together as one.

    Someday you will go on your right knee and  ask me to marry you.

    When we wake up in the morning, you have breakfast in bed (well most of the time) and have 'Promise' by Keri Hilson playing on repeat while we have breakfast.

    Love, hugs and strawberry tots.....


    Your future Wife,
        Buiti




   (Adapted from Nobs Igwe Article)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images